This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 14; the fourteenth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.
I love spending a lot of time with toddlers because it allows me to experience unabridged, unsophisticated, unrestrained joy. Their playful eyes and their creaks of glee reminds me of all I have lost in my journey.
They are right at the precipice of knowing things — the kind that we can understand — but despite their verbal “handicap”, they’re pretty good at communicating. They go around in circles when they are happy, cry when in pain or when they seek attention or to get things their way and squeal when in surprise.
They live for the moment.
It’s almost like attending a free therapy when I’m with these kids. They know how to live their life king size. And they offer their “wisdom” to anyone willing to share.
Raising them is no easy task. It’s difficult to gaze in admiration when you’re cleaning poop. But as an outsider, I am thankful. They teach me to have an open mind that anything is possible to be free; to ask question; to get amazed at the simplest of the things; and most importantly, to be me.
They help me peel away the layers of worldliness, knowledge, and debonair and enjoy the rawness of the human spirit.
To experience happiness in its purest form.
To feel filled within.
I’ll probably feel a speck of sadness when these children grow up with time, but for now I shall make the most of their wonder years and enjoy my return to the age of innocence.
The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.
28 comments:
nice post...n yeah we all want to return to age of innocence... :)
Namit
I blog at
http://i-am-a-man-namit.blogspot.com/
nice post...n yeah we all want to return to age of innocence... :)
Namit
I blog at
http://i-am-a-man-namit.blogspot.com/
Nice to see you back here. there is so much more depth in your writing. It is really wonderful to read your post. Very fresh and inspiration.
Really sweet post..!
Wonderfully written!=D Good luck on BAT14^^~
True, but it is not just the handicapped children, looking at any child carrying on with his/her work makes us forget our worries and takes us the new dimension, the return of innocence, for a while!
Very sweet post... Return soon, as it is the golden days of life...
All the best for BAT..
Someone Is Special
Nice post. :-)
All the best, both for BAT and your wish to return to age of innocence
Sweet. I always believe that even when we grow up we should leave a little bit of that child inside us. Seems to me you have!
It’s almost like attending a free therapy when I’m with these kids. They know how to live their life king size. And they offer their “wisdom” to anyone willing to share.
Loved these lines.
I do connect with it .... in fact you have echoed my thoughts here.
Small, crisp but intriguing and impacting post :)
When a door shuts, another one opens. So when one set of children grow up, there is always another set, so you'll never be short of fun and frolic. Children are really therapeutic.
All the Best for BAT - 14.
I agree with each and every word of it-I too love being with kids-they actually help you see the other side of life and most important of all, whenever you're with them, you are ONLY with them-no negative thoughts, no worries cross your mind.Nicely put!
Surbhi, it is my first time here.
Quite a different take on the topic. And have to say, i cannot agree more! I truly believe in what you said!
All the best!
RESTLESS
nice one..!!!
No title could have suited you so well! And I don't know if you were aware of it, but you really used it well in your post! :)
Trust me unless people are blessed with verbs, they don't curse or feel anything negative! Your post made me realize just how badly we miss the days, when getting an Eclairs was the best of joys and class test was the tragedy in life!
Hope you win BAT, coz you deserve to! :)
Cute.. :)
Its sad that there is no returning back to childhood. But we can still stay young at heart.. :P
ATB for the BAT.. :)
Wonderful post Surbhi.
It's only with kids one realizes that, growing up is the hardest part.
We grow up only to forget the essence of life that we so magnanimously displayed as kids!
Cheers !
"I’ll probably feel a speck of sadness when these children grow up with time, but for now I shall make the most of their wonder years and enjoy my return to the age of innocence."
Sooper job. Nice write, keep writing :)
a very sweet post...
Very simple and true. We all just love the purity in kids.
It also reminds us to enjoy the present, for we'll be older in future.
Thanks. Good luck.
all i want to say is...awww! :)
Loved the simplicity and truth in your post, Surbhi.
All the best for BAT.
the post was sincere...that was the best part and was effective...
welcome back
Cheers,
Sid
Simple and heartfelt. Kids are a wonderful escape from the drudgery of life, giving you the moon for sixpence !
Nice choice of words to convey your thoughts !
Very true, kids definitely take us back to our own childhood. Being a mother to a toddler, I could relate to each of your line. Lovely post !!
All the best for BAT
Beautiful, Surbhi. Spending time with kids is one of the most wonderful things in the world.
It sure is a free therapy. You couldn't have said it better.
A very pleasant write-up. :)
that is true... a child takes us back to our childhood... best of luck for BAT :)
Post a Comment