Thursday, March 25, 2010

Awaiting Escape....

Those eyes.. eyes of the storming seas,
Your crown of thorns gashes deep through me.
My flaws flow ceaseless, through my brains,
my blood dissolves, breaks up within my veins.

Inhuman.... you clutch my back,
tightening vines around my neck.
Your hollow screams replicate through my soul,
My inaudible cries freezes the night so cold.

I bear your scars... being a woman of shame,
Unable to break out from this cruel unceasing game.
You jab me with ignorance, blistered me with words
Crowning me with disgrace, break me inwards.

Am I despicable for being me,
Unseen, unheard, hoping to be free?
Virago, why do you despise,
Blaming me, cursing me... Why do you chastise?

How do I escape from those burns,
Mangled flesh everywhere I turn?
Why do you press me against the wall,
Bang me in my bones, making me crawl?

My blood spills out like a perpectual stream,
Your hate I resist, unable to scream.
You can see me but not yourself,
You judge me like a swinger, put me on a shelf.

I detest your stand, detest your hate,
Yet you loudly exalt this as my fate!
You stipple my blood on your porcelain skin,
My grief becomes your pride! my declention fires your grin.

You trip me, drown me in the soil,
Snap me, combust me, mock my toil,
Rip me apart, bruise my soul,
While I weepingly await rescue that makes me whole.

9 comments:

The Wandering Gypsy said...

The agony has been portrayed very well :) Very-well written..truly heartfelt. And the more we can do to highlight the issue of 'marital rape' or any kind of physical/mental abuse on women, the better.

I loved your blog and also your blog template :) Kudos! You seem like a really nice person...would love to interact with you more often.

The Wandering Gypsy said...

Btw when writing a poem about a serious issue, try making use of short, crisp sentences..it has a better impact and gives it a more 'raw' touch :) You can also use this style when writing a fast-paced narrative.

Surbhi Jain said...

Thanks alot! I love your blog and especially your poems! They are truly impactful! And I would love to know you more!

Thanks alot for guiding me regarding the writing style! I would surely work on this :)

The Wandering Gypsy said...

Thanks a lot :)

So what do you do?

Surbhi Jain said...

I am a student! Almost done with my graduation and preparing for my post grad...
What about you?

The Wandering Gypsy said...

I completed my graduation from Symbiosis last year :) Working at present.

Considering how infrequent I'm in coming online; it will be better if you add me on Orkut or Facebook :D

Orkut link- http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Profile?uid=10214347535631455774&rl=t

FB Link- http://www.facebook.com/abhimanyu.sarkar?ref=profile

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Hayaah said...

To the core, saw it as I read!

Surbhi Jain said...

@Hayaah I am glad that you could feel it. Its a gross issue in the modern society! Hope to see you around :)

Anonymous said...

I desperately wanted and waited for someone to help me escape too but most cries went unheard for years mainly bc no one really knows how to help. What I finally realized when I morphed from victim to survivor mode was you can't rely on others for that and the true escape and freedom from rape comes from within.